Who doesn’t love to shop for new attire to keep our clothes more fashionable and stylish. But with an expected need for Spring trends, new year is a great time of year to clean out your wardrobe.
You might be wondering how you can cut down on spending and make more room in your complete wardrobe without sacrificing style. Read on for tips from our fashion expert on how to start fresh and clean out your closet for the New Year.
How To Start Fresh and Clean Out Your Closet
If you’re in the process of organizing your closet space and trying to find a way to make it more stylish, here are some tips that can help you make the most out of your new-found style:
- Use a colour wheel to help plan your outfits. For example, if you are going on a date with your significant other, you might want to wear red or pink.
- Make sure that your clothes fit properly. If they don’t fit well, get them tailored so they can fit perfectly. A dress that is too tight will not only be uncomfortable for you, but it will also look bad when it does up at the back.
- Keep clutter at bay by placing all of your clothes in drawers or hanging them on hangers and keep shoes organized by colour or type in a shoe rack.
- Avoid buying clothes just because they are trendy or popular. Start by sorting through the items of clothing that you haven’t worn in years. If they’re still in good condition then donate them to a charity or sell them on Depop, Vinted or eBay instead of letting it become clutter in your closet.
- You can also take advantage of sales periods throughout the year to get new pieces of clothing. Just remember, buying something on sale could be a great investment because even if something doesn’t last long, you can always re-sell it online for a profit!
- Determine your style and stick with it! It’s important not to mix up your style over time because it will make you feel like you are wearing too many different things.
- If there are items that just aren’t working for you anymore, swap them out with pieces that do. This will give you an opportunity to incorporate more colours into your everyday wardrobe without spending any money.
- Don’t forget about accessories! A great way to add some sophistication and style to any outfit is by pairing it with a fun accessory. From hats and gloves, totes and belts, jewellery and glasses; there’s no limit on the ways that you can go here!
The Importance of Style and Trends
Style and trends are important to your own personal style. You want your clothes to flatter your figure, make you feel confident, and reflect your personality. You can’t stick with the same old styles for too long because the fashion will change quickly.
In order to keep up with the latest trends, you need to be willing to spend a little more on new clothes that have styles that suit you. The key is making sure you shop according to what’s trending so in the long run, it’ll save you money.
The best way to shop according to trends is through blogs and social media websites like Instagram or Twitter. They’re constantly updating their followers on what’s hot and what isn’t so they’ll always have the latest information at their fingertips when they’re shopping for the latest clothes or bag trends.
First, it’s important to know what you’re looking for when you shop. Are you on the hunt for a new outfit? Do you want to make some room in your closet for something new and is now the time to start thinking longevity with sustainable clothing? Whether it’s a new pair of jeans or a top, use these tips below to help you shop smarter.
- Take inventory of what you already have and have space available in your closet.
- Try on the clothes before buying them. If a store allows, go into one of the fitting rooms and try on different outfits that fit your body type so that you can find the most flattering cut. This will also help you narrow down your options and avoid overspending.
- Go with low maintenance items like basic shirts, tops, sweaters, leggings, shorts, skirts, trousers and jeans as opposed to expensive dresses, coats or jackets that need special care.
- Buy clothing with versatility in mind so that it can be worn multiple ways without making any unnecessary sacrifices in style or quality. This way, you’ll save money by purchasing more than one outfit at once!